What is the microflora of my food product or in the processing environment – and how will it change over time? These are the questions we answer with our direct analyses of the DNA in your food samples. Using modern sequencing techniques, we can detect the entire microbial population or specific marker genes that reveal the presence or absence of known microorganisms.
Our services are:
- Identification by single sequencing:
- Identification of a single bacterium strain via DNA-sequencing of 16S ribosomal RNA.
- Identification of a single yeast strain via DNA-sequencing of 26S ribosomal RNA.
- Identification of the entire microflora by metagenomics:
- Using targeted metagenomics (TMG), we can identify the entire microbial population in your product. The optimised TMG protocol analyses specific marker genes of bacteria and fungi simultaneously.
- We offer two targeted metagenomic technologies – Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and Third Generation Sequencing – and advise on which one to use depending on your needs.
- Whole genome sequencing